Monday, July 21, 2008

Olive is almost here!

I'm currently 38 weeks pregnant with our daughter (can you believe it!? a girl!!!) Olive. This pregnancy has definitely been challenging, particularly for the first 5 months. I am definitely ready for her to be here, but still not completely satisfied that I have everything done that I want to with the house, her room, etc...probably just that crazy nesting instinct that guys don't particularly understand entirely! ;) I have an appointment with my OB on Wed. to see how much more I have progressed, and he has suggested scheduling an induction for this upcoming weekend. I'm not totally sold on the idea yet, although I recently received some extremely encouraging news from a friend of Suzanne's...who was basically in the same situation I am and she just had a healthy baby girl after an induction and 5-hour labor! So that gave me hope! I will ask a TON of questions on Wednesday until I feel like I have my answer.

And although it may sound crazy, I have a plan! There is an Italian restaurant, Scalini's, in Atlanta that is known for their eggplant parmesan that puts nearly due preggo women into labor within 48 hours of eating the dish! I've been to the restaurant before and have looked at their "baby wall" filled with 300 pics of babies born after their Mamas ate the eggplant parm! The restaurant has graciously posted the recipe online. So I am thinking of scheduling the induction for Saturday and then having Roby make me the delish dish and eating it like crazy friday night and sat. day and praying that I will go into labor naturally and that God will make Olive an eggplant baby! ha! Wouldn't that be a story to tell the grandkids! Who knows if I'll go through with it, just one of my crazy ideas! (By the way, they aren't quite sure what it is about the entree that sends women into labor. Some theorize that it isn't even the eggplant, but the combination of herbs such as oregano and basil that may have a labor-inducing effect.) If you want to check out the baby wall: http://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm

So the next time I write here, our little bambino will have arrived! And, as always, we really would appreciate your prayers during this exciting, yet stressful, time! Thanks!

4 Comments:

At 1:10 PM , Blogger steve said...

I LOVE this picture of you--pregnancy looks good on you! ;) You know we will be praying for you guys. Call me after your appt on Wed and let me know how it went.

 
At 3:16 PM , Blogger Jess and fam said...

Go Heather, Go Heather Catch your blog up, Catch your blog up! :)

 
At 8:57 PM , Blogger colleen said...

Wishing you the best of luck with Olive, Heather. We're headed out on the road for a couple of weeks, but I'll look forward to hearing of her arrival!

 
At 12:12 AM , Blogger Steve Thomas said...

Congrats Guys!!! How is BAby Olive doing?? Post a picture so we can steal it for our Blog :) He He

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home