Monday, July 21, 2008

Owen's artwork

Owen has exhibited an interest in all things artistic since a young age (hmmmm, taking after his designer daddy perhaps?) and has always loved drawing, whether with colored pencils, pens, crayons, markers, etc. His favorite tool is the magnetic doodle pro that he is constantly drawing on. Because of the very zen nature of the doodler (erase it after you draw it...just like the monks who draw on the sand and let the waves lap away their art), i have to take pictures of his creations. He generally tells me what the subject of each masterpiece is, and I love the way he interprets things and sees the world! Here are his pieces starting from when he just turned two until recently! I hope you enjoy his creative endeavors as much as I do!

His very first work of art...a dump truck!

Pablo (the blue penguin character to the left of the doodler)

Bee

Gate

Snake

Backyardigan's house

Unidentified

My personal favorite-Dada :)

Stegosaurus

Triceratops

"Hummingbird whale"

Owen's interpretation of the Lady and the Tramp picture from this book:


3 Comments:

At 1:20 PM , Blogger steve said...

Wow! Owen is quite the little artist. With all of the artistic talent that his parents have, I'm not surprised! I think the one of Roby is the best--he looks a little like Jay Leno in that one. ;)

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger Jess and fam said...

The increased difficulty level of drawing recognizable pictures on an Etch a Sketch (which I still haven't mastered and never will) is very impressive indeed! Cool Backyardigans magna doodle--my kids love their little travel size versions.

 
At 11:39 PM , Blogger Sherri Saunders said...

He may be the next Picasso.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home