Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ab's wedding

When I met Roby I marveled at how many friends he had, and not just a bunch of acquaintances, but true, hardcore friends...most of them made of life-time stuff. Abbey is one such friend...I guess if we weren't 30 you could even say one of his best friends. (Can we use that term since we're old now? :) I've enjoyed getting to know Ab through the years and always wished for him to find the right girly who will treat him right and be a perfect fit...so how excited were we when he started talking about Soby. We finally met her when we visited philly last year, and I adored her...beautiful, intelligent, fun-loving, awesome personality...she got our stamp of approval for sure! This past May, Abbey and Soby tied the knot in NY. Roby was honored to be a groomsman, and it was wonderful to share in their special day (even if I did have to watch the ceremony from a sound-proof room because Owen started crying the minute he saw his daddy standing up front and he couldn't join him...at least my other mommy friends were right back there with me!) We had a blast during their wedding weekend, and it was awesome to reconnect with all of Roby's friends in the same location. Roby's parents, sister, cousins (even Tobi from Houston! Unfortunately Joyce couldn't make it because she was so far along in her pregnancy), & aunts and uncles were there too, so it was great to spend time with family as well. We stayed with Roby's brother Rony and were able to get some quality time with our nieces Isabel and Anngelina and nephew Alex. While Roby worked out of the NY office, I stayed in Chestnut Hill with my brother and my Mom came for a visit. Overall we had a *wonderful* trip overflowing with good times, friends and family-it can't get much better than that!


Congrats Ab and Soby!
We are so excited for you and can't wait to see where the adventure that is marriage leads you!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:45 PM , Blogger Buck and Jess! said...

Wow, you're right--she's a lovely bride. Its so fun seeing you in the mix, that picture of "find the white girl" cracked me up, because if it weren't for that blond hair you'd fit perfectly in every picture :) Its so obvious that this family just loves you to bits--and isn't it amazing how you grew up with a fairly small fam and now you've got Rob's relatives everywhere you go--pretty cool!

 
At 11:43 PM , Blogger Steve, Shan & Jacob said...

Ab and his wife look so great! I love all the pictures you posted. It makes me feel like I was there. Heth, I love your straight hair--it looks so good. Miss you a lot--let's talk soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home