Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Talking up a storm




Owen continues to be very verbal, learning new words every day...which he has begun stringing together to form sentences! He surprises us by pointing at objects we didn't know he knew the words for and blurting them out. I can't believe how something so simple can be such music to my ears!

When Roby's parents visited, Owen went from referring to them by using a silly sound he associates with their language (Malayalam) to calling them "Uppa" and "Umma", to saying the actual words "Appachan" (grandfather) and "Ammachy" (grandmother). They were thrilled by this! He also learned another Malayalam word from them. I don't know how to spell it-Poi (rhymes with toy), which means something like "it went away." So O will point at butterflies and airplanes, and after they leave his line of vision say, "Poi Mama!" He also calls up the stairs, Rooooobbbbbyyyyy, which is the way I call him I guess. I love watching the way his mind works and seeing what the little guy comes up with. So cute!

He was particularly wound up while I was taking this video, hence why he is screaming out the words. For some reason, he will only let me film him when he is hyper-boy. Oh! At the end, when he makes a sound like "OH," that is his way of saying "Love You." (He has moved on from "Dove Doo," which we thought was super cute too ;)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 2:19 PM , Blogger Juleen Kenney said...

Awww...so cute! I want to see you guys soooo bad!

 
At 9:44 PM , Blogger Steve, Shan & Jacob said...

Ok, that is one of my favorite videos to date. Love that kid. His vocab skills are quite impressive!

 
At 3:35 PM , Blogger Buck and Jess! said...

So cute--and so well trained! Good grief, can you teach Brennen to say everything I want him to say? I took 6 minutes of video trying to get him to do the same thing and pretty much here was the response I got, "NO way! No way! No mommy. No way!" :)

 
At 11:10 AM , Blogger The McKays said...

get out! he's so darn adorable, i can hardly stand it. he speaks so well; i'm sure you are both so proud. i love how you say the word and he totally repeats it, right on cue.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home