Saturday, October 18, 2008

Meeting our Left Coast friends in the Deep South!

Recently we had the good fortune to meet up with some California friends (who now live in TX) in Atlanta, while they were en route to visiting family. The timing proved impeccable since Roby had to fly out of ATL airport the following morning for a business trip. After quickly settling into our hotel room, we drove a short jaunt to a local Ruby Tuesdays, and there they were! I haven't seen Suzanne and Aron since visiting them in Dallas when Owie was 5 months old or so, and *finally* got to meet their darling nearly two-year-old, Maggie! For the next hour-and-a-half, we chatted over dinner, while Owen and Maggie shared each other's markers and little people toys, and Suz & A had some Olive time. The kidlets played together wonderfully and, after relocating outside for some picture taking, enjoyed rock hunting most of all! I tried capturing some sweet moments of the energetic twosome-which proved interesting and comical-and was quite happy to get updated pics of me with my simply radiant preggo friend and a few of the guys as well.

While our time together was definitely way too short, it was most definitely sweet! I am SO happy everything worked out and we were able to catch up a bit. Our time together made me miss the good old California days even more, which Roby & I agree were some of the sweetest, most memorable of our lives! We used to have dinner at each other's houses and catch some shows (along with Suz's sister Shannon and her hubby Steve), and Suz & I participated in a book club and Bible study together. We can't believe it's been 6 years since we attended their wedding and that we have two kids and they are nearly there! Ah, we miss you guys! We wish we lived closer to you and look forward to hanging out again...hopefully sooner than 3 years from now! Can't wait to meet baby boy McKay at some point!

Afterwards, Roby and I had a little adventure trying to find the H&M store at Atlantic Station to get Owen's winter coat and then headed back to the Westin where we excitedly watched the Phillies win the National League Pennant! World Series here we come! I then took Owen for a little late night swim, which is one of his favorite things to do every time we visit Atlanta, while Roby had some Olive time. We had a fun-filled little day/night trip-which was MUCH needed on my part!

5 Comments:

At 5:35 PM , Blogger Julie and Kevin said...

All your picture's are so cute. Miss ya!

 
At 10:52 AM , Blogger steve said...

Love the pics! So glad you were able to see each other. The ones of Owie and Mags are super cute! My sister is definitely radiant with her preggo belly!

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger Angie said...

You all look so happy! I'm so glad you have this blog so we can keep up with you guys. Hopefully one day we will be the Cali family visiting you. :) Miss you guys!

 
At 8:41 PM , Blogger The McKays said...

hooray for friends! i'm glad it worked out to see you guys. thanks for the great memories and pics. xoxo

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger Jess and fam said...

Hooray what a happy blog! I love when so cal comes together, no matter where it is! It is so good for my heart to see my friends together again! It just seems right :) I'm thrilled that you and Suz and the guys and the kiddos got to spend some time together. Yeah God! The video is darling--I love seeing live action footage :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home