Monday, January 23, 2006

*Together Again*

Roby has finally returned from a nearly 2-week-long business trip to the Great White North. Let's just say it felt like he was gone for much longer! This marked the first time Owen and I were all by our lonesome for an extended period of time. Just as luck would have it, Owen decided to stop sleeping through the night the very night Roby left. He cried more than usual throughout the days and just didn't seem himself...prompting me to take him to the pediatrician, who pronounced him healthy. It was as if Roby's departure had unbalanced his little world. While Owen's crying jags unnerved me at times and the lack of sleep thoroughly exhausted me, I survived. Weary, yet brimming with anticipation, I drove to the airport and waited for Roby as he contended with lost baggage. Wayworn Roby beamed at the sight of his peacefully sleeping son in the backseat. Since Roby's return,Owen has been getting back to his regular routine, namely sleeping for 4 hours at a time again! I am convinced that Owen, aware of his father's absence, truly missed his Daddy!

Westside!

Owen will grow into his hat someday!

3 Comments:

At 9:42 PM , Blogger The McKays said...

Yea, I've been waiting for a new post! Great pics as always. 2 weeks w/out Roby?!? How did you manage? I would go insane without Aron, but to be "daddy-less" for 2 weeks--man, I admire you! Hopefully, he doesn't have to be gone too much each year (does he?!). The first pic is funny bec. it looks like O has little horns on the side of his head! lol :)

 
At 9:49 PM , Blogger the isaacs said...

ha ha, now i won't be able to look at that picture the same way again :)

yes, unfortunately, roby has to travel every other month, if not more often :(

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger Virginia Living said...

I'm so sorry Heth. What a challenge for you! I know it must be difficult. It's hard enough for me having Mo work until 9pm on the nights he works. I'm sure you are doing a great job. I don't think we are supposed to sleep until are children are 18 anyway. We are praying for you !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home