Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Small victories

Mothers out there, you may want to join me in a small victory dance...Owen slept for FIVE hours straight last night in his pack-n-play bassinet deal! And four hours the two previous nights. Oh how sleep has eluded me these past 3 months...I actually feel rested today! Yay for Owen. I know this isn't by any means a habit or routine yet, but one can hope!

We have hit some other milestones as well. Imagine my surprise, and utter delight, when at 2 in the morning on December 26th Owen *laughed* on his changing table. Apparently he finds shirts being pulled over his head supremely funny! He has laughed several more times, but only when being changed. Let's see, he now weighs a whopping 12+ pounds, kicks like crazy, holds his head up for long periods of time and loves to eat his hands (forget about sucking thumbs, this boy is all about his fists!) He also is very verbal, with each squeel and coo getting louder and more frequent. I haven't been able to decipher Owenese yet, except we know when he is frustrated he utters Ghee! (I doubt it has anything to do with clarified butter from India :)

5 Comments:

At 1:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I wish I could hop on over and meet him (and see you, of course!).

 
At 1:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ghee

 
At 6:29 PM , Blogger Virginia Living said...

Isn't it funny how we used to be able to sleep HOURS (like I used to sleep 10 or so at a time)and after all the sleepless nights at the beginning that 5 hours of sleep (in a row) seems like a lifetime. It's amazing how refreshing it feels. Don't worry, it only gets better. Isaac sleeps now from 7:30pm-7am!

 
At 2:22 PM , Blogger Buck and Jess! said...

Five hours is awesome! Caelan never slept through the night until she was about 9 months old. I was 3 months pregnant with Gabby and I think it was the fact that I was so sound asleep and didn't hear her that became the real reason she was sleeping through the night :o) Super cute picture of Owen by the way (all of them are!)

 
At 9:25 AM , Blogger Steve, Shan & Jacob said...

Thanks for sharing these milestones with us. It makes me feel like I'm there too. Perhaps he'll inherit mommy's great laugh?! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home