Saturday, December 03, 2005

Parenting rocks!

I can't believe Owie is already 7 weeks old and weighs nearly 11 pounds. It seems like he changes a little each day. The cliche "They grow up so quickly" must really be true! I actually have a precious free few minutes to update our blog. It is unreal how little time there is to do anything these days, such as cleaning...which I really don't miss. he he he. This past week was the first week Owen and I were alone together during the days while Roby worked. It has taken some getting used to, but patterns are slowly emerging. He still has his nights and days mixed up, and doesn't sleep for very long unless he is held (which has been interesting and has led to sleep deprivation/delirium). I never thought I would be so elated to realize Owen actually slept in his bassinet from 1:30 in the morning until 4:00 the other day. Yes! We are getting there, just slowly :)

Owen is starting to "talk" to us with cute sounds (I swear he can say hi), mimics me when I say "Oooooo" and when I stick out my tongue, can roll over from his belly to his back and smiles at us often. Finally he is smiling because he can and wants to, not just accidentally. He has thee cutest little grin that just melts my heart. I live for that smile. Though we face unique challenges every day, we are enjoying unraveling the mystery that is raising a child. Roby and I both agree that it truly is the most rewarding experience we have had, and we can only see it getting better!


1 Comments:

At 10:42 AM , Blogger The McKays said...

Heth, such cute pics!! He is getting so much bigger and I see alot of resemblance to you. Glad you are enjoying parenting and adjusting well.

suz

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home