Sunday, August 28, 2005

I'm going back to Cali, Cali, Cali...

Finally a business trip worth tagging along for! Accustomed to his 2-week trips to The Great White North that I had no desire to go on, I was delighted to hear Roby had to fly to Orange County. I figured this would be my last chance to travel before Owen arrives, and I desperately wanted to visit all the friends we left behind 7 months ago. We were able to attend Vicky and Casey's son Asher's first birthday party, go to church and out to lunch with Judy and Dave (Shannon's parents), meet up with Roby's old co-workers for some Cuban food, spend mucho time with Andrew and Dannielle and their adorable kids Aidan and Emma, hang out with Jo (with her adorable new pixie cut) and Steinar, and have brunch with Patrice and her cool scruffy dogs (You can visit Patrice's blog at http://www.iblognow.blogspot.com/).

While Roby actually worked during the day, I hung out with friends. Dannielle and Steve's mom Judi, Aidan and I took the scenic route from my hotel back to Trabuco Canyon, ok so somehow we got lost, and witnessed Emma lose her "pink bear" in the mall once again...Vicky and I took Asher out for ice cream, tried to figure out why he started hoarding his food under his high chair and took cute pics of him in a hooded towel...And my former co-workers from The Jesus Film Project even threw me a surprise baby shower! sneaky, sneaky. I was thrilled because I knew I wouldn't have one here, since my only friends are our cats...he he he. How sweet of them...so typical of them though. I truly think I had the best job there, and met the most genuine people = lifetime friends.

All in all, we had quite a jam-packed trip and were sad to leave. It was strange going back...It didn't exactly feel like home anymore, yet TN definitely doesn't feel like it either...yet.

1 Comments:

At 1:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry I wasn't there to see you guys! Miss you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home